Karen Sands, MCC: The Everyday Futurist
Your Ultimate Guide to the FutureSM
Author, Speaker & ICF-Master Certified Coach & Mentor, CCE-Board Certified Coach
Founder of KarenSands.com and AgelessFutures.com
Need an interview, an article, or a guest who can reshape your audience’s future?
- Professional Futurist
- Professional Public Speaker
- ICF Master Certified Coach
- TED Fellow Coach
- Boomer & Midlife Expert>
- Master Educator & Trainer
- Career Counselor
- Strategist & Change Agent
- President & Founder of Future Works Institute, Ltd., Sands & Associates, LLC,
- Certified Gerontologist
As the Everyday Futurist, I use scientific, strategic, and intuitive forecasting skills and tools to show clients and audiences how to capitalize on tomorrow’s trends today to achieve personal, professional, and global transformation with a focus on the triple bottom line: People, Planet & Profits.
As the Founder of AgelessFutures.com, I teach Boomers and others approaching midlife and beyond how we can reinvent ourselves, and the aging process, to live more boldly, more visibly, more purposefully than ever before, changing what aging means for ourselves and for generations to come.
I have spent almost four decades coaching, educating, and training those who imagine a greater future. As the President of Future Works Institute, a successful coaching, futuring, and educational company, I have been delivering a message of sustainable revitalization, continuous quality improvement, transformation, and expanded consciousness in midlife and beyond since 1988.
In short, I work with smart, savvy, accomplished women and men who are visionaries-in-the-making, looking to reinvent their lives in ways that save the planet.
Want to know more?
Especially in midlife, accelerated discontinuous change can lead people to wonder: What really matters? What’s next? Am I over the hill after 50? My continuous self-improvement model moves people to ever-increasing levels of peak performance, achievement, and fulfillment as they confront accelerated global change, cultural breakdowns, and personal transition on the way to midlife greatness.
My career has been founded on a quadruple mission: (1) to move its clients from great to Greatness as we move further into the new millennium; (2) to respond to the needs and concerns of midlifers by raising awareness, providing the latest information, and asking the difficult questions about the impact of the “Graying of America” on our future; (3) to bring the study of the future and futuring into the mainstream and (4) to co-create positive futures and to develop Visionary Leaders to take us into the 21st century.
I’ve written several eBooks based on my insights into and experiences with midlife transition, reinvention, and executive transformation:
- The Greatness Challenge
- Mastering Midlife Reinvention
- Visionaries Have Wrinkles
- Great Old Broads Speak Out
- Crossing the Canyon
I am also the publisher of the eletter Future Works® Gazette and have authored numerous articles, including
- “Reinvention to Renewal”
- “Bottom-Line Soul”
- “Course Correction”
- “Midlife in the Fast Lane”
- “Shaman at Work”
- Click here for more.
III. Speaking and Media Appearances
I have spoken at a number of forums and workshops about the New Millennium Workplace, current trends, coaching, futuring, visionary leadership, personal and global change, and of course my specialty, the “Boomer Boom”—midlife and the coming reinvention of retirement. I’ve been a featured guest on various radio and television talk shows and interviewed by
- Wall Street Journal
- Washington Post
- Litchfield Times
- Boston Globe
IV. Education and Background:
- Master Level Coach, certified by the prestigious
International Coach Federation Credentialing
Committee. One of approximately 600 Master Certified Coaches worldwide.
- Member of the International Coach Federation
- Founding member of Coachville.com
- Named to Connecticut’s Permanent
Commission on the Status of Women
- Advisor to the Hudson Institutes’s
Workforce 2000 Task Force
- Invited reporter to the White House at the
White House Conference on Aging
- Consultant to the White House Task Force on
- Certified Career, Life & Retirement Counselor
- Certified Gerontologist, Hunter
University/Brookdale Center on Aging
- Previously Adjunct Professor at Hunter
- Member of the American Society on Aging
- Member of Retirement Income Industry’s
Association (RIIA) and membership committee
- Past Member of the Association of
Spirit at Work – Steering Committee
- Member of World Future Society
- Member of Association of Professional Futurists
- Post Masters in Adult Development & Aging – Hunter College/Brookdale
- BS in Human Development, Biological Sciences and Education
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Ordained Minister
- Master Superlearning Teacher and Trainer
- Expressive Arts, Voice Dialogue and
Core Energetics Therapist and Teacher
- Advanced training in human potential, self-development, growth and aging,
business, strategic marketing, direct response marketing,
sciences, psychology, consciousness and spirituality,
coaching, career planning & counseling, education & training, etc.
- Educator, ICF Master Certified Coach & Career Strategist, Professional Futurist, Midlife Expert, Entrepreneur/Founder of jewelry company, personal & professional growth centers, Corporate Vice-President.
- A Change-Maker, Start-Up, and Turn-Around Visionary Intrapreneur in a Fortune 500 financial services corporation for ten years, specializing in the Boomer Boom and retirement services
- Serial Entrepreneur and Founder of Future Works Institute, Ltd., Sands & Associates, LLC, and AgingForTheFuture.com.
Futuring, executive and leadership coaching, reinvention, conscious aging and midlife greatness, consciousness and transformation, course correction and self-mastery at any age & stage, continuous quality improvement, sustainability, optimal performance, career, life and retirement transitions and planning.
Leaders of all kinds: Individuals, partnerships and teams, senior executives—established or emerging visionary leaders, audacious entrepreneurs, family-run business owners, independent and corporate professionals, advisors, e.g., lawyers, accountants, financial and investment advisors and planners, actors & directors, MDs, healers, scientists, authors, coaches & therapists, those in transition—leaving or returning to the workforce . . . and those ramping up or downshifting at the helm.
Current and former clients include individuals from JP Morgan Chase, Equitable/AXA, IBM, American Express, Metropolitan Life, Association of Association Executives, NAFE, AIG, McKinsey, New York Life, Arthur Anderson/Accenture, Wall St Journal, Harry & David, and senior level professionals from a wide variety of industries, including: advertising and public relations, accessories and jewelry, universities and associations, retail & merchandising, dot.coms, coaching, radio and television, law, financial services, wellness and medicine, sports and entertainment, etc.
To be notified of upcoming news: